A garbage disposal switch is one of the most essential components. Some also refer to it as air switch disposal. To activate the switch, you may have to simply press the button. As soon as the switch is on, it sends pulses of air via the PVC tubing to balance the control box which is usually located underneath your sink. The installation of these switches is pretty simple and easily understandable even by a common man.
Benefits of installing a disposal air switch:
The disposal switches do not depend on electricity at all. Thus, these can be easily mounted around the sink surfaces areas too. This feature can help the user to get easy access to the switch than the traditional methods. Disposal switches that are installed near the sink help in preventing electrical shock. It is because there is no current at the time of activation. Thus, most people switch to the disposal switch as the best solution for sink installations. Other benefits to look at are the finishing of the buttons. These are beautiful in designs that can go well with your kitchen interiors. Before you make a decision to buy a disposal switch, it would be wise to check the features of the switch so that you make the right choice.
Features of a disposal switch:
- Generally, a disposal switch has an air switch over an electrical switch to give it a safe activation.
- The switch also comes with a freedom mount to give extra flexibility through an attached cord.
- No tools are needed to install a disposal switch.
Types of switch:
A disposal switch comes in three main types and these are;
- Air switch
- Wireless switch
- Toe Kick switch
All the above switches more or less have the same features and the difference is easy to trace with the help of the name itself.
How to select best garbage disposal switches?
Before you buy a garbage disposal switch you must check https://www.smartgarbagedisposal.com/air-switches/, there are few things you may have to consider. Remember the below points while you choose between the best garbage disposal switches;
- Switches that is easy to install. Some switches just need five step installations.
- Get a switch that can be easily mounted rather the traditional methods of switch.
- Compare the rates of different models in the market and choose the one that is most affordable yet provides almost the same features.
- Check the warranty period on the switch by your manufacturer. Usually, some of the best disposal switches come with a 1 year replacement warranty.
- Go for switches that help in energy saving and are safe to use. Usually, some of the best disposal switches do not require electricity.
- Choose designs, colours, and looks that do not look messy or awkward and goes well with your interiors.
Look for a wider selection of switches before you make a final choice. Check with different vendors either online or the stores nearby. For any queries, you may also shoot a call or text to your nearest vendor.